Friday 25 September 2015

Little Egg Friend

WALT: Think about my purpose and reader by planning my recount.

Our teacher has been getting us to do weird things. First noodles, then blindfold now egg friend race. How could our teacher get more silly.


Image result for egg with facesBefore the race, we had to get into pairs and our teacher would give us a friend, a egg friend. Once we got a egg friend, we had to give it a name and face. After the whole class had  done that, we were given the instructions to stand up and line up outside. Nobody had a clue what we were doing until…  we ended up at the park.


Every pair got a spoon and then our teacher told us we were going to do a race with our buddy. Everyone had to decide in their pairs, who was going to go first through the playground. Me and my partner decided that I would go first. Once I started, I was coming first until I took a risk. The reason why I took that risk (climbing up the climbing wall) was because I did not know what I could go the easy way.


Image result for egg with faces
When I took the risk, I dropped my egg friend, Pweggy. When I dropped Pweggy, she started to cry with yolk and it look like she got smashed in the nose, which looked painful. After I was finished and it was Presayus’ turn to race, she did not crack Pweggy. When the whole race finished, we all went back to class. Our Pweggy had to go into the bin.

Over all I thought it was a good race. Pweggy experienced the playground and a smashed nose. Even though she did not make it, I was happy for everyone else who’s egg buddy’s make it. But what you did not know is three of the eggs who survived, got eaten by our teacher and my friend (Htet Htet) is still angry at him for eating the three eggs.

My Recount Rubric
Recount Writing

1
2
3
4
Write for my reader
I've tried to think about my reader
My writing shows some awareness of reader because my writing is quite clear and I have tried to interest my reader.
My writing is easy to understand and I have tried to tell the reader what it was like to be there by giving details and my thoughts.
My writing really considers audience as reader because I have kept their interest and made them feel like they know exactly what it was like for me.
Purpose
I tried to meet the purpose
My text goes some way towards meeting the purpose
The message is clear in some parts of the recount.
My text fully meets the purpose.
The message is clear all through the recount.
Introduction
My introduction does not yet clearly orientate or hook in my reader.
My introduction gets some buy in from audience and they can understand what I am going to write about.
My introduction hooks in my reader and it is clear what I am writing about.
My introduction wows my reader!
Paragraph Topics
My paragraphs are confused and don't follow my plan.
I have tried to follow my plan.
Most my paragraphs are about 1 big idea and I have added some detail.
My paragraphs have some complex as well as simple sentences. Post paragraphs give details about 1 big idea.
I have followed the paragraph topic in my plan.
My paragraphs have complex and simple sentences. Paragraphs all give details about 1 big idea.

In writing this week, we had a mock test. That means that we have having writing tests coming up so this is a warm up. We marked our own writing on this rubric above.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.