Thursday 19 May 2016

When i luminate came to Pt England

WALT: Use a variety of interesting vocabulary to keep our readers engaged.



Pitch black, glowing, dancing, remix music? I'm talking about i luminate. I luminate is a company that dances in groups with LED lights connected to their suits. Their suits are filled with wires and as I said before the LED lights. In all of the dances and productions they wear black suits and black out the room that they dance in. Our school was fortunate enough to have a group from i luminate come all the way from America to perform for us. I think they might of gone to perform for somebody else somewhere else in New Zealand as well as us.

IMG_0471 (1).JPGI heard that day that we were going to the hall for something but I didn’t know that it was anything like this. As we gathered into the hall, I looked around and saw people from year 6 to year 1 sitting down. Once I sat down I looked around again it wasn’t as clear as before but I still could still see the stage. It took a while until everyone was quiet and when we were all quiet, the stage lights turned off and it was pitch black. We couldn’t see anything but we could definitely hear everything. All me and my quiet friend could hear was… screaming because they were scared, screaming because they were excited, conversations of how cool this was going to be, conversation of how funny this was going to be and loads more. It took some time before the dance really began.

The music turned on and everyone was still shouting and cheering on the dancers. The dancers dance their tushies off and in my mind I was thinking, I could be one those dancers on stage and it could be my job. That would awesome! I have really learnt something from this, it is that when somebody does something you should really appreciate them.





Last week the i luminate crew came and it was awesome! I was really touched from what they said after the dance when we asked a few questions. One person said that when he started to dance it on the street and he just started to get better and better in life. It really touched me because its sort of like my life, its like I got better in reading, writing and maths during my primary years and I can get better.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.